For many years, Manuka honey has been used by the natural health community for its unique antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties, and now it seems the Medical community is finally catching up.
Recent reports show that Manuka honey could be used to combat some of the most hard-to-treat infections that are resistant to powerful antibiotics.
Lab experiments show it can clear bacteria found in festering wounds and contaminated hospital surfaces.
It works by breaking down the defences bacteria use against antibiotics, making it useful in treating superbug infections such as MRSA.
In a report from the Society for General Microbiology’s Spring Conference in Harrogate, professor Rose Cooper from the University of Wales Institute Cardiff is investigating how Manuka honey interacts with three types of bacteria that commonly infest wounds: Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Group A Streptococci and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
She and her research team have discovered that honey can interfere with the growth of these bacteria in a multitude of ways. And that makes honey a strong option for the treatment of drug-resistant wound infections.
The idea that honey has antimicrobial properties is nothing new. In fact, traditional therapies containing honey were used in the topical treatment of wounds by numerous ancient civilizations. Professor Cooper is particularly interested in the super bug-fighting potential of Manuka honey, which comes from nectar collected by honey bees foraging on the Manuka tree in New Zealand.
Someone else who has know for a long time about the amazing healing properties of Manuka Honey is british homeopath Robin Logan, who uses this active ingredient in the creation of his ever popular, 7 Cream.
Along with ingredients such as Shea Butter, Avacodo Oil, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, Neem Oil and Calendula, Manuka honey helps assist the healing of minor wounds such as cuts, burns and minor skin irritations as well as keeping your skin moisturised and relieving symptoms of dry itchy skin.
So if you want the all the healing powers of this natural wonder but not the sticky mess of a jar of honey in your medicine cabinet, why not click here to pick yourself up a tube of 7 Cream today.
– One of my patients who is a professional cook finds the cream takes away the pain of burns in minutes.
– My friend’s baby used the lotion on cradle cap that was all over her babies face and is now almost gone.
– I am receiving incredibly positive feedback from my patients! I’m thrilled!! One patient who had just undergone radiation treatment and was suffering from severe skin burns has reported that the cream (along with a homeopathic remedy) has helped her skin to heal so effectively and rapidly that her doctors are even amazed. I’ve also had two cases of eczema that have reported a clearing of symptoms with the cream. As well as one case of psoriasis who has reported the eruptions are “less angry” after just beginning the cream.
– my 5 year old son has very dry skin on his back and neck…the cream has helped to clear-up the rough patches without irritation and when his cheeks get occasionally dry I apply it to his face which clears up with one application (other moisturizers have left him with bumps on his cheeks).
– I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that 7 Cream can soften my daughter’s skin and reduce or even control a mild skin inflammation due to eczema…….Thank you for inventing 7 Cream.